Scott Avery is Director of Tax Services and Business Development at The Commpliance Group. Scott brings over 20 years of transaction tax experience in the communication industry our clients.
During his 20 years in the industry, Scott has held positions in the tax departments of telecom companies, as a consultant in the State & Local Tax ("SALT") group for Deloitte & Touche, and founded one of the original software and outsourced transaction tax returns preparation and filing companies, Alernadev.
Scott has worked with companies of all sizes and service types over his career and enjoys tackling the challenges facing each size and type of company. Scott has a unique understanding of tax laws, accounting and software to help clients with big picture set-up all the way down to the granularities and rhythm of routine compliance reeporting and remittance.
- Tax engine implementation including:
- Situs determination
- Product mapping
- Customer exemption
- Bundle set up
- Tax override set up
- Product catalog remapping
- Tax department set up and testing of its monthly compliance and accounting processes
- Federal, state and local research and identification of all transaction tax returns communication companies are required to file
- Mapping of 3rd party tax engine output to the appropriate transaction tax return
BS/BA from The University of Arizona
- Telestragies Communication Taxes – Multiple Sessions
- Minnesota CPA Society – Telecommunication Tax Overview
- Vertex Exchange – Telecom compliance process review
- Chicago TEI –General Sales Tax Review
BNA – Multistate Income Tax Portfolio –Credits and Incentives (all states)